Revolutionizing compassion for healing
CalMHSA pioneers cutting edge research, providing counties an independent administrative and fiscal intergovernmental structure. We help fund, develop, and implement mental health services and educational programs at the state, regional, and local levels. A central component of CalMHSA‘s vision is to continually promote systems and services arising from a commitment to community mental health, and to the values of the California Mental Health Services Act.
CalMHSA serves California Counties and Cities in the dynamic delivery of mental health and supportive services. A nationally recognized leader, CalMHSA inspires the service community through its commitment to results and values. Successful statewide and regional programs enable the voice of many to be heard.
Promoting Efficiency, Effectiveness and Enterprise among Counties and Cities
The mission of CalMHSA is to provide member counties a flexible, efficient, and effective administrative/fiscal structure focused on collaborative partnerships and pooling efforts in:
- Development and implementation of common strategies and programs
- Fiscal integrity, protections, and management of collective risk
- Accountability at state, regional, and local levels
CalMHSA will continually promote:
- Systems and services which strengthen and transform community mental health and reduce disparities in access, utilization and outcomes by age, race, ethnicity and gender, sexual orientation, nationality and disability
- Efficiency, expertise, innovation, accountability and quality
- Transparency and stakeholder input
- Prevention and early intervention
- Community collaboration and cultural competence
- Recognition that geographical features might require unique program interventions
- Client/family-driven mental health system for children, transition age youth adults, older adults
- Wellness focus, including recovery and resilience
- Integrated service experiences and interactions
- Qualified, culturally competent and diverse public mental health workforce with the knowledge and skills to work with age-specific and racially, ethnically and culturally diverse populations
CalMHSA continues to ensure a work environment that values cultural humility and strives for cultural proficiency in all CalMHSA policies, procedures, staff recruitment and retainment, day to day operations, and communications. Representation matters. CalMHSA Team Members’ diversity strengthens the organization. Our dedication to eliminating inequities, oppression, and racism begins within.
Driven, lead, and supported by best practices organizations and individuals actively working together, collaboratively developing partnerships, educating, and informing, CalMHSA operates within the statutes governing Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) entities, and complies with the Brown Act open meeting requirements.