New Dashboard Highlights Peer Certification Data by County
Key Staff: Lucero Robles, LCSW, Director of Workforce Development
A powerful new dashboard for the Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Certification program illustrates for both the public and for counties how peers are making a difference in and for their communities. The dashboard includes aggregated data about peers such as race, ethnicity, gender, experience, and more – all searchable by county and by year.
“This new dashboard empowers counties to be responsive to the changing needs of their communities, ensure equity in access to certification programs, and maximize the impact of their resources,” said Lucero Robles, Director of Workforce Development. “Ultimately, the dashboard can contribute to more effective governance and improved outcomes for residents.”
Counties can also use the dashboard for:
- Resource Allocation: By analyzing the socio-demographics of certified individuals, counties can allocate resources more effectively to meet the specific needs of their population.
- Policy Development: Data on the characteristics of certified individuals can help counties to tailor policies to better serve their diverse population. This could include developing targeted outreach programs or adjusting workforce needs based on demographic trends.
- Program Evaluation: Counties can use the dashboard to assess the effectiveness of their certification programs.
- Equity and Inclusion: The dashboard allows counties to monitor whether certification opportunities are accessible to all socio-demographic groups.
- Benchmarking: Counties can compare their certification data with neighboring counties or regions to gain insights into regional differences and best practices.
- Long-Term Planning: Data on certification trends over several years help counties to anticipate changes in the demographics of certified individuals and proactively adapt services and programs to meet future needs.
- Transparency and Accountability: Making certification data accessible to the public fosters accountability and trust in county government.
Questions about or feedback on the dashboard can be sent to [email protected].
September 26, 2023